Sunae Russell was born on Andros Island in the Bahamas. Her love of singing emerged at the age of 5, during a school Christmas program, and was developed in high school talent shows on the islands of Grand Bahama and New Providence. After graduating from high school, Sunae was recognized by the Bahamian music industry, during a semi-finals placing at a popular night club talent competition.
Over the next 15 years Sunae became a seasoned performer in many of the Bahamas’ top bands. She attended the College of the Bahamas in between touring, and earned numerous exam passes and distinctions in music theory, classical, clarinet and piano, from the Royal Schools of Music (London, England). She also graduated with a Bachelors’ Degree in Secondary Education and a distinction in her teaching practice from both the College of the Bahamas & the joint board of the University of the West Indies.
Sunae joined the acappella gospel group 'Harmonious Praise and recorded an EP titled 'Due Season', earning a gospel Marlin Award for the single 'Just Hold On'. The group travelled and performed extensively, and eventually Sunae began writing as the Lord would have her. Sunae went on to complete and release her first contemporary gospel album, titled ‘Move For Me' in May 2011. The album infuses the sounds of inspiration and covers various genres including Praise & Worship, R&B, Reggae and Dance and, of course Gospel!
Latest from Keith L Rolle
- Young Phenom "Reasons (Proud of Me)" Review
- Greendub Records Founder Stefan "The Scientist" Moss Announces Partnership With Sustain Music & Nature Non-Profit
- Trinidad & Tobago's Arlene Mohammed & Voice Quake Signs U.S. Publishing Deal With LRL Pinnacle Music Group & Releases Debut Single “DELIVER ME”
- Caribbean Music's "Positive TV" Host, Landlord, Announces U.S. Partnership With Round The Clock Entertainment Group
- TRINIDAD & TOGABO'S GATES PRAISE NOMINATED FOR 3 VOICES OF GOSPEL MUSIC AWARDS IN ALABAMA